Working with CFR
Many faculty at UC San Diego are pleasantly surprised to learn about the office of Corporate and Foundation Relations. We are a team of fundraising professionals who manage the campus’ relationships with corporations and private foundations to advance the university's goals, priorities and missions of teaching, research and public service.
We work to align private foundation funding with campus priorities and promote funding opportunities to faculty. We strive to establish and maintain partnerships with our corporate and foundation funders through effective cultivation, solicitation and stewardship/follow-up.
CFR efforts compliment the work of the Office of Research Affairs (ORA), Health Sciences Limited Submissions and the Office of Contracts and Grants Administration (OCGA). Services provided by CFR to UC San Diego faculty include:
- Identifying and researching funding prospects;
- Aligning foundation and corporate funding with campus priorities;
- Partnering with faculty and leadership to frame and communicate the vision and impact of their work for philanthropic and lay audiences;
- Assisting with proposal and letter of inquiry preparation as well as leading coordinated submissions;
- Monitoring foundation trends and activities to aid in strategic development;
- Facilitating the coordination of site visits on campus and at the offices of foundation leadership; and
- Liaising with marketing to ensure the successes of our faculty are shared locally, nationally and internationally as appropriate.